Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Year's survey

1. What did you do in 2010 that you've never done before?

Passed the NREMT-P National Registry practical and written exams.



2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

It's a lost cause, I always forget.



3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

My BFF Karen had lovely baby Eden!!! :)



4. Did anyone close to you die?

No thank God



5. What countries did you visit?

0.



6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

A medic job, him here with me, better finances.



7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

February 10th--paramedic school graduation; March 10th, found out I had passed the written exam and could officially call myself a paramedic.



8. What was your biggest achievement?

Becoming a medic.



9. What was your biggest failure?

Not finding a job as a paramedic.



10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Lots of little things, nothing worth dwelling on.



11. What was the best thing you bought?

Dirty Vegas, my used 2001 Mitsubishi Galant.



12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Karen and Nichole, who got me through so much crap;him.



13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed and disgusted?

Sdad, sbrother.



14. Where did most of your money go?

Bills bills bills.



15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Internship, becoming a medic, everytime I went on an interview and thought I'd maybe FINALLY get a medic job; him :).



16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Thrice, 'The Artist In The Ambulance'/Jason Gray 'More Like Falling In Love'/John Mark McMillan 'How He Loves'/Eminem ft. Rihanna 'Love the Way You Lie'/Lifehouse, 'All In'



17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a)happier or sadder? Happier

b) thinner or fatter? Thinner

c) richer or poorer? Probably about the same :) Poor in finances but rich in blessings.



18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Relaxing and trusting in Him



19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Being angry and unhappy with life rather than seeing the beauty of His plan, regardless.



20. How will you spend New Years?

Babysitting and hopefully texting/talking on the phone.



21. Did you fall in love in 2010?

Oh let's say in the process :)



22. How many one-night stands?

0.



23. What was your favorite TV program?

'Grey’s Anatomy' & 'Glee'



24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Naw



25. What was the best book you read?

Wally Lamb, 'I Know This Much Is True'/Eric and Leslie Ludy 'When God Writes Your Love Story'/Shane Clairborne 'The Irresistible Revolution'



26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Kari Jobe/John Mark McMillan



27. What did you want and get?

My paramedic liscence; him--ish :)



28. What did you want and not get?

A paramedic job, him--ish.



29. What was your favorite film of this year?

'Twilight: Eclipse' :)



30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

Worked, went to dinner with Mom; 27.



31. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?

A paramedic job, him here (this is getting redundant :-p)



32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Well the first month of the year I wore my medic pants, work boots and student polo EVERY SINGLE DAY; the rest of the year it's either been scrubs or jeans with a concert t-shirt and sweater/hoodie every day and clogs.



33. What kept you sane?

Karen, Nichole, him.



34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

John Mayer! <3 (best concert of the year :)



35. What political issue stirred you the most?

Tried to stay away from polotics.



36. Who did you miss?

The Tollivers when the moved, him.



37. Who was the best new person you met?

Lots of awesome co-workers



38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

I am NOT in control, but that's OK.



39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"He is jealous for me/Loves like a hurricane/I am a tree/Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy/When all of a sudden/I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory/And I realize just how beautiful You are/And how great Your affections are for me..."--JMM



40. What is your goal for 2011?

-Pay at least half of my student loans off and raise my credit score; become a better runner; GET A MEDIC JOB; see him.

I am convinced this will be the year that my faithful Father shows me that good things come to those who wait patiently on Him. I am so blessed, no matter what. How He loves us, indeed, and how I love those of you that He has so graciously placed in my life. Blessings to all of you.



~M

No comments:

Post a Comment