Monday, February 22, 2010

how 'bout getting off of these antibiotics?

So after missing a full weekend of work to this crud, I caved and called my trusty MD for a prescription. I was surprised he called something in for me since I haven't atually been to my GP for two years (last time I was sick enough to warrant a visit) but he did, God love him. His nurse said I probably should come in but they'd call a Z-pack in for me, anyway. Yeees. Also went to the chiropractor and of course that helped as well.
The parking lot of my apartments has a very poor drainage system and with all the melting snow, it's been more of a river than a parking lot, which especially sucks at night when everything freezes. My poor car happened to be parked in an especially river-like spot and unbelievably, the tires froze in the ice to the ground. The car's been stuck since Friday and tonight I tried one last time to get it out so I could go to the chiro. I'd tried cat litter, ice melt, everything...tonight a very nice neighbor finally tried to help me by pushing the car as I reversed, and it took him and another guy, but they finally got it out. God is so good, I was so worried about how to get it out by myself and then along comes a guy asking if I need help...that always seems to happen when I need help with my car. Just as I'm thinking 'Crap, I need a guy, I can't figure this out on my own', God sends a gentleman to help...Since my own father is passed on and my step-father is not around to help me, it's always nice to see my Heavenly Father still taking care of me. Sometimes I feel so alone--a single girl, clueless about all things cars, electricity, tools, etc, you're normal cliches, I'm a typical girl, I can't help it! LOL--and He takes care of me. Its very comforting. Usually I never see the guys that help me again, and I get a LOT of help, having the worst car luck in the world (I've already broken down twice, been stuck in the snow twice, and been stuck in my own parking lot just this winter alone), and I sometimes wonder if it's angels or just divinly placed awesome strangers. I thank them, whoever they are.
So this past weekend I've pretty much done nothing but sit and feel miserable and take OTC meds and blow my nose and Facebook stalk. And I've seen about 8 more of my friends/aquaintances who are either in a new relationship, or engaged, or married, or having children. I'm so happy for all of them, and it's getting almost to the point that I can JUST be happy for them and not feel a pain of jealousy or wistfulness any more. In the last terrible year, one of the things I realized was that, hey, I'm 26 and single, I live with my mom and my cat, I've only been in one serious relationship and you can count on one hand the number of actual dates I've ever been on...I get rejected by dudes like it's my job. It's pretty obvious at this point that I'm meant to be alone, at least for awhile. And it's fine, I've accepted that, mourned it, and I'm over it. But it's been rough, seriously every day on Facebook I see new romances, new lives together in the making or a new life in one of my old friend's bellies...and knowing that will never be me...it's difficult. But I'll deal.
This antibiotic should fix everything, I've just got to give it a chance to kick in. ;-)

1 comment: